It’s work in progress, not yet finished, but feel free to take a look. Ultimately it will include a chapter for all of the WPS plugins, and already includes chapters on Installation, Events Management plugin among others.
Extending WP Symposium
Rather than try and get every feature requested into WPS, there are many ways you can extend it or customise things.
- Adding content at top of WPS pages with filters
- Adding blog comments to the profile activity with add_profile_post()
- Adding profile fields to the Member Directory
- Logging the IP addresses of Forum users (from v12.06.16 this is available via Forum Posts)
- Creating a Full Width page template
- Module for CubePoints for WP Symposium activity
- Styling jQuery dialog box (and the gallery in particular)
- Styling the forum, member lists, etc in a consistent way
- Adding the WPS search box to your site
- Hiding options on Community Settings
PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE RUNNING THE LATEST VERSION OF WP SYMPOSIUM
Please note – these are development tutorials, not tutorials on how to use WP Symposium. Creating page templates is not necessary to use WP Symposium!
These tutorials cover the growing features of the new WP Symposium classes that allow you to develop your own profile page, mail page, and others as they get done!
The aim is to significantly extend the classes every week, so come back and check on the tutorials, more will be added with every release.
Files that support the tutorial are distributed in the wp-symposium plugin, in a tutorials folder, or downloaded from here.
- Starting at the beginning, the basics
- Adding more profile information and the activity stream
- Another way to build menu options
- Facebook Connect
- Add mail counts, and most recent unread mail (doing first mail tutorial beforehand would help)
- Getting a list of mail (in box)
- Formatting the inbox messages
- Adding a “read” flag, and reading the message
- Paging of the inbox to read all mail
- Compose new mail form and sending mail
- Inbox/Sent views and replying to mail
- Displaying categories and latest created topic for each
- Displaying breadcrumb trail, category topics, number of replies and latest reply
- Click on a topic link, show the topic and replies