Posted by Simon Goodchild at April 30th, 2012
Release code name: Harry
A small release that does three things:
- Fix to wps.js to work with 3rd party WPS plugins using (for example) /profile?view=blogpost (where blogpost refers to the 3rd party plugin).
- Displays a warning on admin page if legacy WPS plugin folders need to be removed by FTP, not via the admin dashboard. This could be done automatically, but I get a little scared, wobbly and sweat a bit (and curse to some extent) when I think that plugins might remove folders on my server, so would not want to impose the same on other site admins….
- Minor layout change to the Installation page, purely aesthetic!
If you’re wondering about the 3rd party WPS plugin referred to above, its WP Symposium Blog Post, development by AlphaGolf, which will add the following functionality (description blatantly copied and pasted from the WordPress repository!):
You’ve setup a WordPress site and turned it into a Social Network using WP Symposium, but the blog part of your site is important to you as well? WP Symposium Blog Post is the perfect addition to your WP/WPS site.
WP Symposium Blog Post plugin integrates WP Symposium with your WordPress blog, by:
- Adding an entry to your authors’ WPS Profile page to list their posts, and link to them.
- Conversely, adding a link on your authors’ blog posts to their WPS Profile page.
- Adding one item to their WPS Activity each time they publish a post in the blog.
- Adding one item to members’ WPS Activity each time they comment on a post or a page.