Posted by Simon Goodchild at February 23rd, 2012
CubePoints is a point management system designed for WordPress sites. Users can earn points by posting comments creating posts, or even by logging in on your site.
And now you can reward points for WP Symposium activity (posting on profile pages, getting involved in the forum and making friends).
Encourage your users to “do stuff” by offering them points which could be used to purchase items / upgrades / etc. Users will be awarded a certain number of points for each type of activity.
Note that you get points (that you set) for doing something, and the points taken away if you remove what you did. For example, if you post on your profile page you get points, and if you then delete the post the points are removed.
On this site (WPS site), you get the following points:
- For each comment on a blog post: 5
- For each day you visit the site: 5
- For posting on your own profile: 10
- For each forum topic you start: 10
- For each forum reply: 5
- Having a friend request accepted: 5
- Sharing a forum topic via social media icons: 5
- Having one of your profile posts liked: 5
- Having one of your profile posts disliked: -5
You can see your points total (and other members) on the profile page, under the avatar (this is an option in the module). The top members are shown on the home page, in the sidebar.
How to add to your site?
- Install the CubePoints plugin.
- Understand how it works, I can’t support CubePoints, for that go to their site (sorry).
- Download wp_symposium_cubepoints.zip (it’s a module for CubePoints).
- Unzip the file and put wp_symposium_cubepoints.php inside the module folder, that’s inside the CubePoints plugin folder.
- Activate the CubePoints module via the dashboard CubePoints->Modules page.
- Configure the WPS settings on the CubePoints->Configure page.